Wednesday

I love a recommendation....

and so let me share with you a great tip I tested which you will love! My aunt Marian and I were chatting recently about 'good food' and how similar our definitions of that are, and she told me her favorite thing to do with pasta is to grate a raw courgette (zucchini!) into pasta, mix with a little parmesan, olive oil and a crushed clove of garlic.  Since I am a huge fan of the worthy courgette, I've been waiting for a good time to try it out.  Last night was the time, and we made up a batch of penne pasta, grated in two courgettes, a bit of parmesan, olive oil, crushed garlic, and then added pine nuts and some chicken and bacon bits we had in the fridge (veggies add nothing else, its just as good)...

A perfect combination, fresh tasting and screaming "I'm good for you"! 

Nobody said one word, plates were filled a second time, then a third and it was reluctantly we ate the last spoons before Mary spoke and said "that is just too nice", before we lifted ourselves off the chairs to waddle in to lie on the couches, stomachs filled to absolute capacity but still running our finger along the bottom of the pan in hope for just one more taste...

Thanks Marian - its a winner here! 

2 comments:

Ciara Brehony said...

This sounds yummy! I wish I liked courgette but it disagrees with me. Any suggestions of something else you could imagine working instead?

AMI said...

hmmm i'd say carrot straight off but it would be too sweet...

you could try it with any other squash that you can eat raw?

butternut?