Tuesday

Leftovers, Leftovers, Leftovers

So, due to my eyes being bigger than our collective stomachs, there was over half the leg of lamb left even after the huge dinner on sunday and a lunch of it yesterday!

I have to say two words now... don't forget them... Mint mayonnaise...

If you never try anything I suggest here on this blog please try it. Those of you who have will understand me completely. It really is the most luxurious taste combination and a must, an absolute must, when faced with leftover lamb.

Just mix a spoon of mint sauce (mint, sugar, malt vinegar)and add to a large dollop of hellmans mayonnaise....

Eat with a side dish of lamb or potatoes with tomatoes and bread.



If you still have lamb left, which we did - I really did buy enough for a small army - there is the must do inevitable cliche... at christmas, easter... it is inevitable....

Leftover Curry

You'll need

Leftover meat

Leftover vegetables if any

1 tin chopped tomatoes

1 onion

1 chili

1 clove garlic

handful of coriander

1 tsp curry powder

100mls cream

Method

Fry the onion until soft. In a mini chopper (or on a mezzaluna) chop the herbs, chili and garlic together until in tiny pieces. Add to the onions. Pour on the tin of tomatoes. Stir in the curry powder.

Add the cooked meat and vegetables to the sauce. Simmer on low heat for about five minutes.

Stir boiled rice with boiled couscous and serve with the curry.

So that was our lamb used up! Nothing left but some gristle and some bone! And I can tell you there was someone else who was very very glad of it!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Ohhhh yum! That mint mayonnaise sounds great, Lisa. I will have to try it. I will mention it on my site too as I just wrote a mayonnaise post last night.

AMI said...

ah great minds and all that! i'll have to pop over to see your post!