Monday

Whats brew??

The lack of activity on this blog has been down to my dear little Mac being uprooted from his corner and shuffled out for a few days in a cardboard box in my hall.  We've been having lots of work done, and finally I have a new kitchen!!  I have been in this house nearly ten years and had inherited the kitchen from previous owners, which I differed greatly in taste from!!! 

So now I have my own kitchen, in my own house, as opposed to my own house but with someone elses kitchen.  I can't wait to show you some pictures but I want to wait for the last few pieces of the jigsaw to be slotted into place (New Ikea table and tiles on the wall!) before the unveiling to my cyber friends!!

Aside from that though my camera has been happily snapping away, with various dinners eaten and interesting nights out.  Over the next few days I'll tell you all about them.

I want to start though with telling you about this new club we've joined! A sister of my dearest friend has started a Beer Tasting session in her shop once a month, and so with Bill a steadfast beer supporter and me tipping my toe in the ocean as a novice, we both headed down on friday to have a taste and see what we thought of the best of the Belgian Trappist Breweries!
Five Beers to Taste!
Two trepid tasters make their way through the brews...
Since our trip last year, which landed us in Bruges, Bill has been keenly involved on a personal level with Belgian beers, and was dying to sample what is on offer here in Dublin.  So we tasted, he hummed, I hawed, but overall we both came away with a favorite.

This was mine... Vedett Extra White...
Just perfect for me, light and refreshing, destined to be supped out of a nice glass as I sit admiring my lovely new kitchen over the next week...!  Only to be enjoyed in the glare of the sun though, I suspect, so I'll have to make sure I'm within sight of that little glorious ray that comes in my kitchen window at around 6 o'clock!
Local Glitterati...
Some of Beers most loyal fans...

A beer fuelled discussion!
The Beer Tasting was a great fun! I learned alot, met some great people (including fellow blogger The Beer Nut! You can read what a beer review should look like over on his blog!) and discovered a bit more about my new favorite subject - BEER!

3 comments:

The Beer Nut said...

Yaay! Hello Fergal!
*waves*

Deveneys said...

Thanks for the plug Lis, as always great job on the blog pal it looks amazing xxx

Ciara Brehony said...

Oh I have so many fond memories of sitting in the Dutch sunshine sipping (I'm sure I was just sipping... wasn't I?) those delectable Belgian beers.
Those were the days... sigh...