Sunday

Pout for Trout

I rarely cook fish, not because I dislike it, I actually adore it, but a) its expensive and b) I'm afraid of it...! I have a terrible fear of getting a bone caught in my throat, probably from the memory of it happening to my mother when I was small and the exagerrated imaginings of a child listening to an adult conversation regarding its removal.  So I am a little cautious when eating fish, and rarely enjoy it if its one of the more boney varieties!

However I have found a solution to this problem thankfully, Paté it!
Trout Pate

You'll need
1 Trout, gutted and boned
1 large clove of garlic, skinned
2/3  sprigs of Dill
100gms cream cheese
100gms sour cream
Plenty of salt and pepper

Method
Pop the garlic clove and one sprig of dill into the cavity of the fish. Then simply bake the fish at 180 degrees for about 15 minutes or until opaque. When it is done, use your fingers to pull the meat off and check for any bones.  Pop the fish meat into your food processor, along with the roasted garlic, the cream cheese and the sour cream.  Pulse until smooth.  Season and finally chop the dill and stir through.
Serve on Brown scones.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Sounds good. I don't cook fish at home often either. Mostly because of reason A. Just too pricey... I only want the BEST fish. Secondly ... I just think it is not easy to cook just right.

Michelle said...

I have actually never had pate anything, but this looks pretty good. I like the heart bowl too. :-) Very inventive way to use fish! I like to use fillets when cooking, because they're easier for my boys to eat.