Thursday

Gnocchi...

I'm not the biggest gnocchi fan, but done like this its always a winner in our house. Children love this, especially if you cook each portion in its own little oven dish!

Gnocchi al forno


You'll need

500gms of fresh gnocchi
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
1 chili
1 onion
2 cloves of garlic
3 tbs philidelphia cheese
1 medium fresh mozzarella ball
Salt and pepper

Method

Cook the gnocchi according to the pack, strain and add to an oven dish. Chop the onion, and chili as small as you're bothered to... and crush the garlic. Add to a bit of olive oil in a pan and cook until translucent. Add the tinned tomatoes and heat through, melting the cheese in bit by bit. Season. Pour over the waiting gnocchi, and place slices of the mozzarella on top. Bake in a hot oven until cheese is bubbling and starting to brown.

4 comments:

Ciara Brehony said...

I know you'll be outraged Lisa, but give me gnocchi anyday over pasta...eek...!

I love it. And will definitely try this.

Nicole said...

Love gnocchi w/ all that melted cheese on top! Soooo good!

AMI said...

I do like it, but I like it only every now and again...

Lo said...

This, I am afraid, looks like sheer cheesy delicousness.

You're tempting me in a really huge way. Mmm.