Wednesday

Bella Italia!

So for the next while I will be blogging from the south of Italy, where we are staying at my mothers house in the Appenines, relaxing before we take off in the van again! The journey here has been wonderful and what great food - see over on Ladybird for more about that! But now I am back to my own kitchen, and cooking for my family! Which is easy in Italy, a simple tomato sauce tasting like heaven... I have no internet at home but have found this little cafe in the closest town so hopefully will get to blog at least once a week! Unfortunatley this cafe is next door to an adorable pastry shop...

Here is a taste of what I'll be blogging about...

We barbequed these pork chops (4 for less than 4 euro!) after rubbing them with lemon, salt and garlic. I made traditional Italian Rosemary roast potatoes, and fried green beans in olive oil with sliced garlic. A little dressing of balsamic, honey and oil and the meal was complete.

See my recipe for Panzanella salad here!

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Looks wonderful! I am jealous you are there! I love Italy.

Ciara Brehony said...

Oh boo! I wish we were there sitting around the table with you... sniff... Looks wonderful!

AMI said...

Its a great place, Nicole! Esp. in the south, as you know!

wish you were here too C... in the market today they had buckets of "brekkie" which was locally made (ie organic) honey covered puffed spelt... Bill took ages to convince me bringing it home for you would be silly!

Emily said...

It all look wonderful.

rachel said...

Lisa,after reading your post I am dreaming of Italy and all the yumminess contained within it's borders. Enjoy every bite!