Wednesday

Jelly on a plate!

As you know I love Limoncello, and I absolutely adore (roll your r's on that one) its sister Cremoncello (which is made by adding cream)... In fact I truly believe the latter to be the most perfect liquid in the world... 

So it follows that I might attempt some form of sweet from these delicious liquers...

I have plans for cakes, tortes, trifles and all sorts of conncotions  to be slathered with these delightful cellos, but for now here is a little quickie... an amuse bouche shall we say, a petit four...

Perfect for a quick dessert, can be whipped up in seconds, to amaze and please those lucky enough to sample it!

LimonJello
You'll need
1 packet of lemon jelly (Jello stateside!)
100mls boiling water
100mls Limoncello
150mls double cream

Method
Melt the jelly in the boiling water until completely dissolved.  Add the limoncello and the cream, stir well and pour into moulds.  I filled 8 small moulds.

Leave in the fridge for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight and serve, alone, perhaps with some fresh fruit and a homemade biscuit on the side!

3 comments:

Lo said...

Have never tried Cremoncello... but it sounds fabulous.

And hmm. That lemon jelly looks pretty tasty. I may have to rethink my impression of jello!

Nicole said...

Cool pics! I love Lemoncello too but have never had Cremoncello...

Ciara Brehony said...

Oh this sounds DIVINE!

And I love that first picture! Perfection on a plate...