Tuesday

Semi Freddo!

As you know I love a challenge, so when my soon-to-be sister-in-law asked me to try to replicate the dessert we had both ordered in the local Osteria I felt up to the challenge.
The dessert is called Semi Freddo and is usually a semi frozen ice cream, but the one we had was different, more like a cheese cake... just delicious! So I decided to try it out and see what I'd come up with!

It turned out to be a lovely dessert but next time I will use Philidelphia instead of Marscarpone, the Semi freddo needs that cheesey tang to make it perfect.

Here is the recipe I used, replace the marscapone with cream cheese if you want more of a cheese cakey flavour!

Semi Freddo

You'll need

400gms Marscarpone
150mls cream
2 tsps extract of vanilla
75gms icing sugar (or more to taste)

Ameretti biscuits and sliced peach to serve!

Method
Mix the cheese and the cream until blended and add the vanilla and sugar. Blend well and pour into a tupperware dish. Freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight and then leave in the fridge for an hour before serving.

Cut into slices and serve on crushed ameretti with peaches (I popped the fruit into a hot saucepan with some sugar and a bit of butter to release the juice!)

2 comments:

Lo said...

I can't believe I missed this post.

Am a huge fan of semi-freddo. In fact, I tried a recipe earlier this summer for "s'mores semifreddo"... and it was really great. Homemade graham crackers, roasted marshmallow semifreddo, and milk chocolate sauce. Grmmm.

AMI said...

Lo, that sounds unbelievable! I can't believe I missed THAT! I have barely had time to blog let alone check up on my fav bloggers! I'll be hunting that recipe asap!