Thursday

Darkest chocolate cake...


OVER 18s ONLY!

This cake is far too rich and sumptious to be eaten by anyone who has yet to vote.  Children out the door please! 

This may sound cruel, but I promise you'll understand when you make this... the last place you want to see it is smeared around the face of the under tens, who would be just as happy with a fairy cake!!!

To die for, just one more slice more, I hope no one saw me scraping the silicone cake mould with my teeth(those things are flexible for a reason!!), I want to only eat this forever more!

"Luxury Chocolate" Chocolate cake!
Adapted from How to be a Domestic Goddess
I use Black Magic 85%  for this one....

225g Soft unsalted butter
375g dark muscavodo sugar
2 large eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
150gms darkest chocolate
200gms plain flour (with tsp bicarb. of soda)
50gms ground almond
250mls boiling water

Blitz the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla in a processor until smooth,  then by hand fold in your chocolate which you have melted.  Gently add the flour mix and the boiling water and blitz again.  It will be very liquidy but don't worry.  Pour into mould or tin and bake for about 40 minutes at 190c - or until the skewer comes out with what looks like chocolate squidge! 
Allow it go very cold before icing with a simple ganache of melted chocolate mixed with some cream and a tsp of orange flower water if you have it! 
 

3 comments:

rachel said...

This cake looks insanely good! I say that with conviction because chocolate is something I know a thing or two about. Did you just gobble the whole thing up by yourself- as I would've? kudos....

AMI said...

this one was a present... but who notices a nibble from the underside?

Ciara Brehony said...

Oh. You're killing me...

My friend Jude old me a story about her her parents wedding two years ago (yes) where her sister and her boyfriend, very late into the night got the 'munchies' and ate the inside of the cake, leaving the shell all perfectly perfect looking until they tried to cut it. Luckily, the cake had been forgotten about until the morning so it wasn't in the spotlight when discovered. Imagine!
Must have been one heck of a wedding!