Friday

Beloveds...

I watched a lovely program years ago, featuring Julia Sawahla talking about her life through food. I can't remember the name of the program but it ran for a while on BBC I think, but that is the one episode I remember because one of the things she talked about was 'beloveds' which has become a staple in our house ever since.


It was a jokey thing with a friend of hers, to make beans and add bits and pieces, and to make them with love, and so the beans became beloved.


We eat 'Beloveds' all the time in our house, and it is basically any dish of beans made with love!


My favorite way to prepare them is as follows,



Beloveds
you'll need
1 tin of your favorite beans, ours are Cannelini or Flageolet Olive oil
Half an onion, chopped
1 Garlic clove, crushed
1 tsp of worcestor sauce
Couple pinches of cayenne pepper
Handful of parsley (sometimes coriander if I have it for a very different result! if doing this add a squeeze of lemon juice!)
Salt and pepper.

Method
Stir the following in a pan until the onions are cooked. We get everyone to stir and tell the beans they love them (great way to get kids to eat them!). Serve on toast.

1 comment:

Ciara Brehony said...

Ok. I'm making this tomorrow. Butter beans...mmm...