Monday

I heart...


Franks Red Hot Sauce!!! My American readers will scoff at this post, but I have only just discovered that one CAN make restaurant style Buffalo wings at home, with very little effort and they turn out JUST AS GOOD!!! 

No more trips to Tribeca for me!!

American Buffalo Wings
You'll need

8 tbsp Franks Hot Sauce (Available in Tesco!)
8 tbsp Butter
1.5 tsp White vinegar
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce
Pinch of Salt

Method

Mix all the ingredients in a saucepan,and heat until the butter has melted.  Leave to cool.


Sprinkle the chicken wings with Maldon table salt and place into a really hot oven, cook until the skin is crispy and bubbling.  Throw the wings in on top of the sauce and coat.

Serve with Blue cheese sauce (1 part mayo to 1 part sour cream, crumble chopped blue cheese and spring onion into the dip) and celery sticks!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not scoffing, but giggling a bit :-) We always have a bottle of Frank's in the fridge...though my son and husband use in on their breakfast eggs. Hot wings are dead easy, aren't they?

Now if you really wanted to eat something American and spicy, you'd get yourself some Sriracha Thai-style chili sauce. It is soooo good!

AMI said...

Scoff away! I love a good scoff myself and it must seem ridiculous to you! However you must also remember that American foodstuffs are somewhat exotic over here, much like I am sure my finger pointing and snorting was confusing to the staff of a deli I was in, in NY, that sold Barrys Tea and Tayto Crisps in their "foreign foods" section!!!

It is amazing, even with the world being so small now, that American items (Reeses, Oreos, etc) are not commonplace here, although oreos are widely available its only in the last while. I always ask friends going to the USA to bring me back Reeses and CANDY CORN!!