Wednesday

Happy Christmas!

Well I've been up to my eyes in the Christmas run-up, this is the first minute I've had to get online!

I will have plenty of recipes and posts after the festivities, but for now I will just post a bit about the wedding cake I put together for my brother and his now wife, for their wedding which was held in Markree Castle last weekend... 

Here it is!
Thankfully it all went smoothly, metaphorically and literally, with only a few bumps in the icing! The tiers were all different, with the brides mothers famous fruit cake on the bottom, and then I made a chocolate orange cake for the top tier and a chocolate biscuit cake using my own recipe for the middle! All went down a treat! 
I will post the chocolate biscuit recipe soon, I'll need to make it again to see how much of everything I put in, its my own recipe that I put together as I always find other biscuit cakes too buttery and sickly sweet... 
But for now you'll have to make do with a picture!  Happy Christmas Everyone!!!!

And of course BEST WISHES TO MY LOVELY BROTHER FERGAL AND HIS GORGEOUS NEW WIFE CAT!!

5 comments:

Emily said...

Happy Christmas! The cake looks fantastic. You did a great job. Congratulations to you brother and his now wife. Happy holidays.

rachel said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Your cake was gorgeous- kudos.

Ciara Brehony said...

Looks fab Lisa! So sorry we missed it. And glad it worked out. Nothing more nerve wracking!

And a very Merry Christmas to you and all the gang. Hope you had a lovely day, and we'll see you soon!

Michelle said...

A very beautiful cake! It sounds like it tasted delicious too, far better that boring American wedding cakes.... :-)

AMI said...

Thanks for your lovely comments!

x